[CentOS] Spacewalk? Local repo? Cache?

Mon Sep 29 23:50:26 UTC 2014
Grant Street <grants at al.com.au>

On 30/09/14 08:29, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Valeri Galtsev
> <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:
>> On Mon, September 29, 2014 4:26 pm, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> How big is EPEL?   And when you mirror with SpaceWalk does it preserve
>>> old version so you'd have the possibility to downgrade after a change?
>>>
>> If you maintain official public mirror you can not step away from
>> original, you should always rsync --delete [other options]... and have
>> exact replica of original. Do I miss something?
> Sorry, I misinterpreted what you said.  I thought you meant that you
> kept a local mirror of EPEL for use with your SpaceWalk-managed
> systems.

I haven't used this but I have been following closely of late.....

If you are after more than a local copy, have a look at pulp
http://www.pulpproject.org/ it is part of RedHat's next incarnation of
Satellite, Satellite v6. talkes a lot of the hard work out of keeping a
local cache of packages. If you want advanced features, you can install
an agent on each machine to allow you to manage installs from the server.

Redhat are moving to a group of products to replace satellit v5,
consisting of Puppet, Foreman, Katello, Pulp and candlepin.
http://rhsummit.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/caplan_t_0330_red_hat_satellite_6_overview_roadmap__demo.pdf

Grant