[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

centos at 911networks.com centos at 911networks.com
Thu Apr 2 21:10:29 UTC 2015

On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 20:55:46 +0100
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net> wrote:

> Is there a commercial motive for this 'unwelcome by most' change ?

I must be part of one the "by most". Since I'm one of the mostly
silent majority.

I want to express my thanks to the team that does all of the work.

Thank you guys!

As far as the version numbering, just let me know what you are
calling it (already done) and I'll deal with it. If I am unhappy,
then there is RedHat but there's also SuSE, Ubuntu/Debian, Slack,
Gentoo...

sknahT

vyS

> If Centos is the same as RHEL then RH can loose valuable sales
> income because customers, actual and potential, use free Centos.
> However if Centos version numbers are vastly different from RHEL
> version numbers and there is no reliable method of equating Centos
> sub-versions with RHEL sub-versions, RH gains extra sales because
> of the uncertainty of Centos being 'just like' reliable RHEL.
>
> Just a casual thought.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Paul.