[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 15:45:35 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net> wrote:

> Will Centos versions eventually become incompatible, partially or
> wholly, with its parent's RHEL versions ?  I can understand why that
> would be commercially advantageous to RH.

I think it would be commercially advantageous if they did just the
opposite - that is, make it so you could run exactly he same product
on all of your machines and pay for support on the ones where you need
support.  I think that is the way Oracle is handling it.     And their
download approach makes it pretty clear that you are getting 7.1.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com