[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Fri Apr 3 17:19:52 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-04-03 at 11:23 -0400, Lamar Owen wrote:

> I really think that if someone is actually interested in helping the
> project, rather than being a backseat driver and griping at every change ........

But first one ought to know exactly where the "project" is going. In
which direction is Centos heading ?

Am I mistaken in thinking, after reading recent postings, Centos is
slowly moving in a different direction to RHEL and the removal of useful
and informative sub-version numbers is merely the first of many
manifestations of the growing-gap, or eventual gulf, between "upstream"
and Centos ?

Will Centos versions eventually become incompatible, partially or
wholly, with its parent's RHEL versions ?  I can understand why that
would be commercially advantageous to RH.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      Je suis Charlie.