[CentOS] Real sh? Or other efficient shell for non-interactive scripts

Pete Geenhuizen pete at geenhuizen.net
Fri Apr 24 10:57:12 UTC 2015

On 04/24/15 06:07, E.B. wrote:
> I'm sure most people here know about Dash in Debian. Have there
> been discussions about providing a more efficient shell in Centos
> for use with heavily invoked non-interactive scripts?
>
> With sh being a link to bash in Centos I don't know if it would
> explode if the link was changed to something else, but at least
> the scripts we made on our own that run certain services could
> be changed and tested manually to another shell.
>
> Are there other people who have experience in this and can
> provide interesting guidance?

Why go to that extreme if you tell a script on line 1 which shell to run
it will do so.
#!/bin/dash
or what ever shell you want it to run in.  I always do that to make sure
that the script runs as expected, if you leave it out the script will
run in whatever environment it currently is in.

Pete

--
If money can fix it, it's not a problem.
  -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers