[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Wed Apr 1 14:29:43 UTC 2015
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 03/31/2015 11:11 PM, Peter wrote:
> Can you please point me to the centos-devel thread that discussed
> changing the iso naming convention from CentOS-7.1-1503-x86_64-DVD.iso
> to CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1503.iso? I must have missed it because I saw
> no mention of this change until today.
The first thread along these lines starts at
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2014-June/010444.html

It is a long thread, as you should know, since you participated in it.

The key post in the thread, in my opinion, is at
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2014-June/010944.html

My takeaway is that the ISO name for 7.1406 was an aberration, and that
this is the new paradigm going forward.  But I'll also reserve the right
to be wrong.