[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Wed Apr 1 19:23:48 UTC 2015
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>

On 04/02/2015 03:29 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 03/31/2015 11:11 PM, Peter wrote:
>> Can you please point me to the centos-devel thread that discussed
>> changing the iso naming convention from CentOS-7.1-1503-x86_64-DVD.iso
>> to CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1503.iso? I must have missed it because I saw
>> no mention of this change until today.
> The first thread along these lines starts at
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2014-June/010444.html
>
> It is a long thread, as you should know, since you participated in it.

Yes I did, which is why I find it strange that making this particular
change to the ISO name format is considered to have come from that
thread.  I don't recall seeing that exact change discussed, but I coudl
be wrong, it was a long thread and I probably didn't read the whole
thing in detail.

> The key post in the thread, in my opinion, is at
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2014-June/010944.html

I still don't see anything in that post about changing the iso name as
mentioned above.  Do feel free to point out specifics to me.

> My takeaway is that the ISO name for 7.1406 was an aberration, and that
> this is the new paradigm going forward.  But I'll also reserve the right
> to be wrong.

My point is that there was a claim by the board that this particular
change was discussed extensively on the -devel list.  If it was then it
should be quite easy to point out the post(s) in the archives where this
particular discussion tool place.

Peter