[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Wed Apr 1 19:55:15 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:

> My point is that there was a claim by the board that this particular
> change was discussed extensively on the -devel list.  If it was then it
> should be quite easy to point out the post(s) in the archives where this
> particular discussion tool place.

The addition of a date reference makes sense to allow and identify
respins within the life of a minor rev, but...

There were alternatives proposed, like:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2014-June/010940.html
but I can't see any 'discussion' about why the weird concept of using
the minor .0 in the initial iso name but dropping it out of subsequent
versions was better or chosen.

I see the directory created on vault.centos.org is surprisingly sane,
though, retaining the useful minor rev number.

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com