[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Thu Apr 2 18:28:37 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

>> If you really _need_ a specific minor release and want to _stay_ on it,
>> to my knowledge, that's not something CentOS has _ever_ done anyway.
>> You can pay for Red Hat's "EUS", or, I think Scientific Linux actually
>> does keep the ".y" releases separate (but I'm not sure of the details
>> as to how that's implemented).
>>

> That last paragraph is EXACTLY the message we are trying to put out
> here.  CentOS releases are NOT the same as EUS and have never been ..
> yet that seems to be what people expect.  We want there to be no doubt
> on this issue.

But you are adding more confusion than you resolve if the designation
does not indicate that a specified version is 'at least' up to the
equivalent of some RH minor rev.  Even for the people who might have
incorrectly thought is was pinned there.   And now there yet another
arbitrary difference in what you need to know about one major number
vs. another for the long interval they will co-exist.

--
    Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com