[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Thu Apr 2 18:08:26 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 04/02/2015 12:14 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>>> always use the latest one.
>> Which, combined with the possibility of releasing multiples per minor
>> rev and no determinate time frame for the actual initial Centos minor
>> release, really means nothing.
>
> Well...
>
> "Always use latest one" *plus* "look for the latest release
> announcement".
>
> Like
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2015-March/021005.html
>
> A cross-reference doesn't really seem necessary because usually
> hardware enablement is additive. Either CentOS is up to the version you
> need, or it isn't yet.
>

> If you really _need_ a specific minor release and want to _stay_ on it,
> to my knowledge, that's not something CentOS has _ever_ done anyway.
> You can pay for Red Hat's "EUS", or, I think Scientific Linux actually
> does keep the ".y" releases separate (but I'm not sure of the details
> as to how that's implemented).

That last paragraph is EXACTLY the message we are trying to put out
here.  CentOS releases are NOT the same as EUS and have never been ..
yet that seems to be what people expect.  We want there to be no doubt
on this issue.