[CentOS] systemctl (again)

Fri Apr 3 07:42:58 UTC 2015
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

On 2 Apr 2015 23:40, "J Martin Rushton" <martinrushton56 at btinternet.com>
wrote:

> SELinux certainly was causing fun and games.  I copied your suggestion
> to /etc/systemd/user/timidity.service (mode 750) but it's still not happy:
>
>         [root at tamar user]# systemctl status timidity
>         timidity.service
>            Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
>            Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Th...
>
>         ... Starting LSB: Add and remove timidity...
>         ... timidity.service: control process exited, code=exited
status=203
>         ... Failed to start LSB: Add and remove timidity.
>         ... Unit timidity.service entered failed state.
>         ... Stopped timidity.service.
>
> I've wasted way too much time on this, I've put it in my .profile.
> The weirdness of systemctl will have to wait!
>
> Thanks all

For the record based on your email chain this issue has little to nothing
to do with systemd or systemctl but rather a poor script for some reason
that I haven't troubleshooted in detail.

Remember you should never call /etc/init.d/script even on el6 as your
environment and profile will pollute the scripts environment leading to
inconsistent behaviour.

>From the above it's clear after putting in place the service unit you did
not do systemctl daemon-reload to pick up the new unit - hence the clear
error Not Found.