[CentOS] The future of centos

Sun Apr 5 16:44:18 UTC 2015
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Sat, 2015-04-04 at 20:12 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 4/4/2015 8:10 PM, dE wrote:
> >
> > If you guys have that much of a problem with CentOS/RedHat
> > collaboration, why not just move on things like Debian, arch, Suse etc...
>
> they just like to whine.

If the *whole* truth had been told to the public (i.e. "us") at the
first mention of the RH take-over, including the divergence away from RH
versions and the RH dominated management board controlling the now Red
Hat owned Centos product, then significant qualities of our time and
energy could have been more usefully spent on other things.

Reading about C7 problems and systemd, sysctrld etc., I now wish I never
threw away (for recycling) my 1990's purchase of a FreeBSD technical
manual.

Above all, I want stability in a product. Once I have learned increasing
amounts of a product, I am adverse to replacing that knowledge with
tomorrow's new versions especially if - for me - those alleged
"improvements" offer me no beneficial advantage.

I like C5 and C6 and hope the BSDs systems are similar.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      Je suis Charlie.