[CentOS] vncserver on CentOS 7.1

Tue Apr 21 13:39:33 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 09:17:49AM -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> However - when I VNC into a box I get a different screen - I want to be on
> the same
> screen as the user that is on the console.

The VNC server you set up is its own X session running on its own X
server.

You probably want to throw all that away and start over.  If you're
running Gnome as your desktop, you can use the 'vino' package and set
up desktop sharing under Settings->Sharing->Screen Sharing.

If you don't like that, or use another window manager, you can set up
x11vnc (from the el7 EPEL repo) and follow the instructions here:
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server#head-a62534b6c5b0fecafb137b0606a429864432fee9
(ignore the part about using dag weers' repo, it's in EPEL for
CentOS7).

The above URL also has a way of setting up the 'vnc' session under
your X config.