[CentOS] unwelcome gthumb slideshow

Michael Hennebry

hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Aug 3 08:01:55 UTC 2015

I have a gif image in a folder.
Whenever I have gthumb display it or a copy of it,
gthumb goes into slideshow mode.
Usually I can stop the show.
It will not stop before going to the next image.
but I only have a slideshow period to look at the troublemaker.
If the troublemaker is last in the directory,
I cannot stop the show without stopping gthumb.

How do I make gthumb stop going into slideshow
mode when it hits the troubleaker?

My expectation is that I flipped some bit somewhere,
but I have not been able to find the bit.
>From the timestamp on the original,
I'm reasonably sure the bit is not in the file itself.
Another gif in the same directory does not have that problem.

I do not know what exactly I did to the file.
At one point, I clicked with the mouse in the wrong place.
Eventually I got out of slideshow mode and almost all was well.

Displaying the one file or a copy of it starts slideshow mode.

How do I fix that?

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods