[CentOS] CentOS 5 grub boot problem

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Aug 6 20:21:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at buc.com> wrote:

> Doing a new install on the two 1TB drives is my current plan.  If that
> works, I can connect the old drive, copy over all the data, and then try to
> figure out what I need to do to get all the programs running again.

Sounds like a pain. I would just adapt the CentOS 6 program.log
commands for your case. That's a 2 minute test. And it ought to work.

Clearly the computer finds the drive, reads the MBR and executes stage
1. The missing part is it's not loading or not executing stage 2 for
some reason. I'm just not convinced the bootloader is installed
correctly is the source of the problem with the 2nd drive. It's not
like the BIOS or HBA card firmware is going to faceplace right in
between stage 1 and stage 2 bootloaders executing. If there were a
problem there, the drive simply doesn't show up and no part of the
bootloader gets loaded.

--
Chris Murphy