[CentOS] Update from 6.6 to 6.7 > automount logs error message

Phelps, Matthew mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 17 15:05:43 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 8:39 AM, Phelps, Matthew <mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu>
wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Ralf Aumüller <
> Ralf.Aumueller at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> after an update from 6.6 to 6.7 the following error message is logged to
>> /var/log/messages when I login (per ssh):
>>
>> Aug 11 16:31:21 a1234 automount[1598]: set_tsd_user_vars: failed to get
>> passwd
>> info from getpwuid_r
>>
>> Checked all log-files of my systems running 6.6 with same configuration
>> -- never
>> got such a message (We use NFS/autofs for home-directories, NIS and tcsh
>> (login
>> shell)).
>>
>> Everything seems to work -- but before I update all machines to 6.7 I
>> want to
>> know whats going on.
>>
>> Any comments?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Ralf
>>

> I am seeing the same issue.
>
> Any ideas anyone?

To answer the original question, RedHat Engineering is looking into it.

"Issue

After an update to RHEL6.7 the following error shows up in logfile
/var/log/messages:

automount[60432]: set_tsd_user_vars: failed to get passwd info from
getpwuid_r

Environment

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7

Resolution

The issue is currently under investigation by Red Hat Engineering. In case
you encounter the problem in your environment, please open a ticket with
Red Hat Global Support."

--
Matt Phelps
System Administrator, Computation Facility