[CentOS] C7, nfs issue on restart

Thu Aug 27 18:10:34 UTC 2015

Hi, folks,

   We're having an issue on a server reboot after update; nfs doesn't come
up. systemctl tells us it's enabled, dead. We restart the service with
systemctl, and there's no problem at all.

   I was just looking in the logfiles from the reboot (grep -i nfs
/var/log/messages), and the *only* odd thing I see is this:
Aug 25 08:05:09 <servername> systemd: Cannot add dependency job for unit
nfs.target, ignoring: Unit nfs.target failed to load: No such file or
directory.

   Also, and I think I may have posted this a month or so ago, is that
ll /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nfs.target
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 34 Sep 25  2014
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nfs.target ->
/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs.target

is a bad link - there *is* no /usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs.target.

   Any clues? I suspect some kind of timing issue/race condition, but....

       mark