[CentOS] centos 6 - changing resolv.conf by hand gets overwritten by rebooting

Thu Aug 27 19:36:08 UTC 2015
George <listmail.gg at gmail.com>

given machine with C6 x86_64 (seen on C 6.6 but also before and probably
still present on C6.7) only 1 interface, there is dhcp on this network
(for kickstarting) but the machines have static ip's, and NO
networkmanager installed

contents of resolv.conf
search some.domain.here
nameserver x.x.x.x #dns1
nameserver y.y.y.y #dns2

change resolv.conf to:
search some.newdomain.here
nameserver z.z.z.z #dns3
nameserver a.a.a.a #dns4

reboot machine and the contents of resolv.conf is again:
search some.domain.here
nameserver x.x.x.x #dns1
nameserver y.y.y.y #dns2

change it again to:
search some.newdomain.here
nameserver z.z.z.z #dns3
nameserver a.a.a.a #dns4
reboot again
now it stick to the last update.

Already tried to set /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
NM_controlled=no
with no result
other suggestions around the internet suggest also to set in
usepeerdns=no
have not tried this but should check if this fixes stuff.

Question: can someone explain me WHY this would help if it does and if
this a valid entry in /etc/sysconfig/network ?
since I don't want to go over all my machines (a couple thousand)
figuring out how many interfaces they have and what their names are to
reconfigure that for each interface (some even suggest this should be
done for lo too).

See also dozens of questions like that using google:
https://www.google.com/search?q=centos+6+overwrites+resolv.conf+reboot

G.