[CentOS] how do I stop automount of Hitichi Lifestudio USB drive

Wed Aug 12 20:47:25 UTC 2015
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 03:34:53PM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> Most of the time, if I plug a USB drive into my computer,
> gnome/centos/whatever will ask me what I want to do with it.
> With a Hitachi Lifestudio, all the partitions mount without asking me.
>
> How do I stop that behavior?
>
> My suspicion is that the same kind of
> mechanism is what makes candy drops work.
> So far as I know, my backup drive is not candy,
> but I would still like to be able to control my computer.

Not sure, but if  you made entries for it in /etc/fstab that
explicitly said not to mount, that might do the trick.

It looks as if the "noauto" option should do the trick.

Fred