[CentOS] OT: bareos (F/OSS fork of bacula)

Wed Aug 12 22:12:55 UTC 2015

On Wed, August 12, 2015 3:12 pm, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> I'm trying to get this up and running, and have run into something that
> isn't clear in the docs: volumes are part of pools, I get, but I see that
> the limit to the number of volumes is 100. Is this a drop-dead
> can't-go-beyond? If I have > 100 clients to back up, do they all go to one
> volume, or to individual volumes?

I set it up originally a while back (and it was brain racking exercise),
and it works seamlessly since, so I'm really rusted on the definitions. It
probably is a restriction how many volumes you can have open
simultaneously for jobs. In my case volumes are files ( <= 50Gb - my
restriction for volume size) on big RAIDs, even a single RAID (I have 6
currenly attached to the server box) contains over 1000 volumes. For
flexibility, I set all clients with their individual volumes, job names,
pool names, etc, and even these volumes are stored into individual
directories one container directory per client. For each client I have on
the server two config files (one for storage daemon and one for director)
- all these client files are included in the main sd or dir config files
in the following manner:

# Read client directory for config files. Remember to bconsole "reload"
after adding a client.
@|"sh -c 'cat /usr/local/etc/bacula/conf.d/clients/*.conf'"

(Hm, ignore my comment, I usually restart sd and dir daemons to re-read
configs after adding client).

I hope this helps.

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev