[CentOS] Cannot print on Centos 6.7

Fri Aug 21 18:58:25 UTC 2015
Kay Schenk <kay.schenk at gmail.com>

On 08/21/2015 11:44 AM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:51:27 -0500 (CDT)
> Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>>
>> Hello Eero,
>>
>>> Well, is it really supported on Linux? I can't find driver for it on:
>>> http://www.openprinting.org/printers
>
> I can find it there:
> http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-LaserJet_P4014
>
> Says it works "perfectly".
>

>> I just saw that. I now have it so that it prints a few pages, then locks
>> up the printer. Funny, it worked just fine under CentOS5, now under CentOS
>> 6, it won't? That's weird. Do you, or anyone else, have any suggestions?
>
> Have you tried different printer drivers other than the one that's "recommended"?
>
> Here is one example: https://stuff.mit.edu/afs/sipb.mit.edu/project/wine/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/ppd/hplip/HP/hp-laserjet_p4014-hpijs.ppd

Do you have hplip installed? For my CentOS 6.7, I have hplip 3.14.6.
In the past, what has worked best for me it use the hp-setup utility
from hplip. It does interface fine with cups. I also use the hpgui (I
added it to my startup apps). From that you can check status, start/stop
state etc.

MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins
 with a single step.”