[CentOS] Cannot print on Centos 6.7

Fri Aug 21 20:01:27 UTC 2015
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 02:16:40PM -0500, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> >>Have you tried different printer drivers other than the one that's "recommended"?
> >>
> >>Here is one example: https://stuff.mit.edu/afs/sipb.mit.edu/project/wine/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/ppd/hplip/HP/hp-laserjet_p4014-hpijs.ppd
> >

> >How about HPLIP? if you do not have it installed, I'd recomment doing
> >so before trying other drivers. it should "just work".
>
> Using HPLIp...it's been years since I have set up a printer on CentOS.
> Is that using the localhost:631 website? Tried that, still got the
> same result.
>
> Gilbert

No, 631 is for access to the web server built into CUPS.

HPLIP is a printer driver toolkit provided by HP that installs
and manages the "official" HP drivers for (nearly) all their
printers, on Linux systems.

try "yum install hplip".

I've got four hplip packages, I don't recall if the above command
grabs them all or not, so here's what I've got installed:

hpijs.x86_64                          1:3.13.7-6.el7                 @anaconda
hplip.x86_64                          3.13.7-6.el7                   @base
hplip-common.x86_64                   3.13.7-6.el7                   @anaconda
hplip-gui.x86_64                      3.13.7-6.el7                   @base
hplip-libs.x86_64                     3.13.7-6.el7                   @anaconda

note there's also a hpijs package. don't know if you need it or not,
but you might!

good luck!

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."