[CentOS] wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 21:50:04 UTC 2015

On 9 Dec 2015 9:07 p.m., "Lamar Owen" <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:

> No, it seems to me that a suitably motivated CentOS user needs to scratch
this itch; and, no, I am not volunteering, as I've followed Fedora
before......and just simply cannot give the time to it at this point in
time in my life.

<snip>

> So who wants to be the CentOS-Users to Fedora liaison, likely to be one
of the most thankless jobs on the planet?

I'm an active Fedora packager and yet I dare say Mark would hate me as
liaison for I find the changes in EL7 most refreshing and look forward to
bring able to make better use of them in due course ;)

But I really do question whether someone in this industry is really not
able to spend 30 minutes or so every six months checking changes for
anything interesting.

And frankly if one isn't willing to get either get a subscription and
feedback as a paying customer or to get involved with the upstream sources
then no one does not have say in direction and one shouldn't be surprised
by that.

If it was a democracy with a vote on every possible choice then we'd never
get anywhere given the time to carry out such a survey and the vast
differences in opinions.

No, as the Debian folks say it is a meritocracy instead and those who get
stuck in and actively discuss at the right time provide the influence on
what happens next.