[CentOS] Systemd and systemd-sysv-generator

Mike - st257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 19:13:00 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com
> wrote:

> > The particular software in question is LSI MegaRaid SNMP daemon.
> > I retrieved the latest version from LSI's site which was provided for
> EL7.
>
> While I don't have the answer to your specific question, LSI does does
> not advertise support for the latest point release and using their current
> version faults for me after upgrading a host.

This system is not a newly built one, so it was probably on a supported
release until a few weeks ago when 7.2 came out.

~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)

> You say "not functioning properly" but what issues are seeing specifically?
> Possibly "MegaRAID SNMP AGENT: Error in getting Shared
> Memory(lsi_mrdsnmpmain)"
> when starting?

No.
That daemon won't start ... reason being systemd unit files.
[ I replied to Greg's message just before yours. ]

> I have seen that each time a release of their software is used past a
> version they state support for...
>
> jlc

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //