[CentOS] no longer goes to standby when lid is closed

Fri Dec 11 15:29:20 UTC 2015
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

since I got the big bolus of updates from the CR repo a few days ago my
netbook (AcerAspire One D255E) will no longer go to standby when the
lid is closed.

This was a Gnome desktopp installation with theh MATE desktop fromm
EPEL.

I've verified that the correct setting still exists in power manager
but it persists in continuing to run when the lid closes.

it WILL go to standby if explicitly told to do so from the shutdown
dialog.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

TIA

Fred
                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."