[CentOS] Critical problem with power management CentOS 7.2

Sun Dec 20 15:52:25 UTC 2015
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

Thinkpad T410 running CentOS 7 with the Mate desktop (Gnome 3 is too
demanding on video capabilities for this hardware)

Under CentOS 7.1 - the laptop would sleep when I closed the lid.

It no longer does. I can tell because the laptop remains warm when I
close the lid now, mail filters in Thunderbird run when the lid is
closed, and it doesn't need to re-establish wifi when opening.

This is dangerous because thinkpads cool through the keyboard.

The battery usage monitor also no longer works. It shows 99% battery
even as the laptop starts giving its warning beep that the battery is
exhausted and it is about to shut down.

Anyone know what broke with the update to 7.2 and how to fix it?

No 3rd party kernel modules are involved.

--
-=-
Sent my from my laptop, may not be able to respond timely