[CentOS] Critical problem with power management CentOS 7.2

Sun Dec 20 16:23:07 UTC 2015
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

> Date: Sunday, December 20, 2015 07:52:25 -0800
> From: Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>
>
> Thinkpad T410 running CentOS 7 with the Mate desktop (Gnome 3 is
> too demanding on video capabilities for this hardware)
>
> Under CentOS 7.1 - the laptop would sleep when I closed the lid.
>
> It no longer does. I can tell because the laptop remains warm when
> I close the lid now, mail filters in Thunderbird run when the lid
> is closed, and it doesn't need to re-establish wifi when opening.
>
> This is dangerous because thinkpads cool through the keyboard.
>
> The battery usage monitor also no longer works. It shows 99%
> battery even as the laptop starts giving its warning beep that the
> battery is exhausted and it is about to shut down.
>
> Anyone know what broke with the update to 7.2 and how to fix it?
>
> No 3rd party kernel modules are involved.

Do you have the latest mate power manager
(mate-power-manager-1.10.2-3) installed? There was a discussion of
this issue on the list about 10 days ago, when that was still in
epel-testing, but it now appears to in their production repo.
Installing it seemed to have resolved the issue for the OP. With
that installed my laptop suspends on lid-close.