[CentOS] 7.2 kernel panic on boot

Thu Dec 3 21:58:24 UTC 2015
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 12/03/2015 04:24 PM, Phelps, Matthew wrote:
> ... ton of work that we have to do for each new release, and we have
> depended in the past on the versions matching the RHEL ones. Now, they
> don't, and that's wrong.

I would respectfully disagree here, in that my opinion is that relying
on any distribution minor version number in the first place is what is
wrong.  (And I think that regardless of which distribution we're talking
about....)

I honestly wish Red Hat would have stuck to the 'XupdateY' format that
they started with, as that is more correct.  The update rollup number is
not a minor version number in the strict sense of the word, at least IMO.

Heh, I am waiting to see if the differences between RHEL 7.2 and RHEL
7.3 will be as large as the differences were between RHL 7.2 and RHL 7.3
back in the day......