[CentOS] 7.2 kernel panic on boot

Fri Dec 4 03:02:15 UTC 2015

On Thu, December 3, 2015 7:54 pm, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2015, at 2:33 PM, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> wrote:
>> That is my main complaint about parallelized boot. My brain is only
>> capable to deal with serial sequence of events, and which next event is
>> deterministically predictable from previous. As with fatal things like
>> kernel panic, it is the previous before the fatalstep is the one that
>> you
>> still can see...
>
> This has nothing to do with systemd or a parallelized boot.  The kernel
> panic is happening during the initial load of the kernel and
> initialization of hardware.
>
> I know you love to blame every problem on systemd, but c’mon, this
> problem is going to happen with *EVERY* init system.

No, I don't. I'm just that ignorant I guess, and not too attentive to the
original description of the problem. My impression was: after the kernel
was loaded, when services were getting started, that is when kernel panic
had happened. I'm many [bad] things but not a wishful blamer of some piece
of architecture I do not like much (compared to different few doing the
same I saw in my life some of them I'm still using).

But thanks for your note, it's helpful for me (no sarcasm, really).

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago