[CentOS] no longer goes to standby when lid is closed

Fri Dec 11 15:42:21 UTC 2015
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

> Date: Friday, December 11, 2015 10:29:20 -0500
> From: Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
>
> since I got the big bolus of updates from the CR repo a few days
> ago my netbook (AcerAspire One D255E) will no longer go to standby
> when the lid is closed.
>
> This was a Gnome desktopp installation with theh MATE desktop fromm
> EPEL.
>
> I've verified that the correct setting still exists in power
> manager but it persists in continuing to run when the lid closes.
>
> it WILL go to standby if explicitly told to do so from the shutdown
> dialog.
>
> Has anyone else seen anything like this?
>
> TIA
>
> Fred

Did you check epel (including -testing) for mate updates too? My
laptop with current CR and all mate updates (from both epel and
-testing) still suspends on a lid close. Since mate comes from epel,
that's where its updates will come from too. Also note that there
were a bunch of CR releases in the last day or two -- after the
initial large release.