[CentOS] no longer goes to standby when lid is closed

Fri Dec 11 16:14:54 UTC 2015
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 11:07:45AM -0500, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 03:40:27PM +0000, Nux! wrote:
> > I've heard this happening to someone on IRC, the solution if I remember correctly is to update MATE from epel-testing.
> > See if that works for you.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Nux!
> > www.nux.ro
>
> thanks, Nux. I've just installed allthe MATE packaages from
> epel testing, and we'll see what happens.

yeah, that seems to have done the trick. An added bonus is that
now the battery icon on the toolbar also reports much more
reasonable info about the battery charge status.

thanks again!

Fred

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding