[CentOS] Network services start before network is up since migrating to 7.2

Tue Dec 22 22:25:32 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 12/22/2015 1:27 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> I beg your pardon. What*possible*  reason is there for a server,
> hardwired, to "announce" itself to anything, other than DHCP? Everywhere
> I've worked, and what I know, is that servers are assigned IP addresses,
> they don't just take whatever's offered, willy-nilly. And if they do... I
> do*not*  want to work there. That's not only unprofessional, it's an
> insane security risk. Suppose someone puts their laptop on the intranet,
> and has*it*  running a DHCP server?

You do know there's more to life than static IP webapp servers, right?

how about a internal media server cluster being used in a professional
video editing environment with workstations running various sorts of
editing software, monitors doing streaming playback and such ?   that
world relies heavily on uPnP, BonJour, etc.

My development lab environment, most of my servers (75% VMs) are DHCP
configured (using static and/or long lease time reservations), which
makes doing PXE and such much easier.    A foreign DHCP server would
quickly be detected by the corporate IDS and cut off the network.