[CentOS] CentOS 7.2 installer missing virt-what

Thu Dec 24 13:14:07 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 12/23/2015 02:55 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> In previous CentOS releases, virt-what was included in the install
> image.  This made it easy for me to spin a custom ISO with my package
> set and a kickstart that would add open-vm-tools or ovirt-guest-agent as
> appropriate (when installing the respective guest environments).
>
> I updated my ISO to 7.2, and virt-what is nowhere to be found.  I assume
> this is copied from RHEL; anybody know any explanation?
>
> For now, I'm falling back to matching strings in
> /sys/class/dmi/id/product_name.  Is there some better way to determine
> what (if any) virtual environment the installer is running under?

Which ISO .. virt-what is on the Everything ISO and in the os/
directory.. you can use that.

Our DVD package list gets remastered to stay less than 4.3 GB, and we
want 'repo closure' and < 4.3 GB, and anything that can be selected from
the 'GUI Installer' for a normal install.

If you need things that fall outside those conditions, then an
Everything ISO on something bigger than 4.3 GB DVD(a thumbdrive, etc.)
is the way to go. There is only so much space on a DVD.