[CentOS] CentOS 7.2 installer missing virt-what

Thu Dec 24 16:53:04 UTC 2015
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>

Once upon a time, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> said:
> On 12/23/2015 02:55 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> > In previous CentOS releases, virt-what was included in the install
> > image.  This made it easy for me to spin a custom ISO with my package
> > set and a kickstart that would add open-vm-tools or ovirt-guest-agent as
> > appropriate (when installing the respective guest environments).
> >
> > I updated my ISO to 7.2, and virt-what is nowhere to be found.  I assume
> > this is copied from RHEL; anybody know any explanation?
> >
> > For now, I'm falling back to matching strings in
> > /sys/class/dmi/id/product_name.  Is there some better way to determine
> > what (if any) virtual environment the installer is running under?
>
> Which ISO .. virt-what is on the Everything ISO and in the os/
> directory.. you can use that.

Again, I'm talking about the install image itself, not the package set.
Previously, I could run virt-what from %pre in a kickstart because the
executable was included in the installer runtime (LiveOS/squashfs.img),
but now it is not.

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>