[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au
Tue Feb 3 01:20:02 UTC 2015

On 3 February 2015 at 12:09, Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net> wrote:
> As for security, the cess pit is weak security not on Linux, BSDs and
> others etc. but on M$. It seems to be incredibly easy for one malicious
> person to launch attacks from machines they control all over the world -
> and those machines just happen to be running M$. Breaking into M$
> machines seems to be t-o-o easy so I suspect it is not password
> weaknesses that are being exploited !

This is not correct and a dangerous assumption to make about real and
current threats.

Your security practice, as you have described it, is poor. If you have
been compromised, you may not be aware of it.  A compromise of your
systems weakens the whole community.

Kal

Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Head of Technology                         (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382
DealMax Pty Ltd

Suite 1416
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925