[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Tue Feb 3 02:17:04 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 12:20 +1100, Kahlil Hodgson wrote:
> On 3 February 2015 at 12:09, Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net> wrote:
> > As for security, the cess pit is weak security not on Linux, BSDs and
> > others etc. but on M$. It seems to be incredibly easy for one malicious
> > person to launch attacks from machines they control all over the world -
> > and those machines just happen to be running M$. Breaking into M$
> > machines seems to be t-o-o easy so I suspect it is not password
> > weaknesses that are being exploited !
>
> This is not correct and a dangerous assumption to make about real and
> current threats.

What is incorrect ?  The fact that one person can control many computer
systems - home and business - all around the world ?

That the same person can launch exactly the same attacks on my mail
servers and the same attacks on my web servers from different machines
all around the world ?

That the machines being used for the attacks just happened to be running
M$ ?

That every day I witness the attacks on my systems ?

> Your security practice, as you have described it, is poor.

Rubbish.

>  If you have been compromised, you may not be aware of it.

I really do think I would because of the systems I run. Please do not
judge my standards by standards you may be familiar with.

>   A compromise of your systems weakens the whole community.

I'm am sure that is not true.

--
Regards,

Paul.