[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Thu Feb 5 16:29:32 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-02-05 at 10:10 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net> wrote:

> Or unless you have some sort of proof that a current Windows 2012
>  server is less secure or stable than a Linux distro.

Not every 'home' or business user uses, or can afford to purchase,
Windoze 2012 Server. Besides that is far too large for end-users.
Conversely everyone can use and afford (because it is free) to install
Linux as a server, as a end-user (non-server) or as a mixture of the
two. The Linux flexibility is one of its many strong points.

> Let's start with why your /etc/shadow has read access.  That's one of
> the things that was right out of the box.  What changed it and why?

Yes that is what I would like to know. Can't tell. That disk was wiped,
partitioned differently and reformatted. But it remains a puzzle I am
unlikely to forget for a long time. I carried-out a check on every
machine and was happy to see ---------- .

--
Regards,

Paul.