[CentOS] Custom wallpaper on CentOS 7?

Joshua Allen Holm holmja at openmailbox.org
Mon Feb 16 15:02:52 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-02-15 at 08:40 +0100, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Thanks. The wallpaper can be changed indeed using Tweak Tool. But
> there's no way custom imported wallpapers can be made to appear in the
> preview window.
>
> I'm right now discovering GNOME 3 Classic, and I must say I like it. On
> the other hand, the missing wallpaper review is really a bad design.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

Try these instructions, they should be what you are looking for. Section
10.6.2. Adding Extra Backgrounds has instructions for adding new
wallpapers system wide.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Desktop_Migration_and_Administration_Guide/customize-desktop-backgrounds.html

--
Joshua Allen Holm, M.L. I.S., M.Ed.