[CentOS] Odd nfs mount problem [SOLVED]

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Feb 27 21:46:57 UTC 2015

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> I'm exporting a directory, firewall's open on both machines (one CentOS
>> 6.6, the other RHEL 6.6), it automounts on the exporting machine, but
>> the
>> other server, not so much.
>>
>> ls /mountpoint/directory eventually times out (directory being the NFS
>> mount). mount -t nfs server:/location/being/exported /mnt works... but
>> an
>> immediate ls /mnt gives me stale file handle.
>>
>> The twist on this: the directory being exported is on an xfs
>> filesystem...
>> one that's 33TB (it's an external RAID 6 appliance).
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
> Oh, yes: I did just think to install xfs_progs, and did that, but still no
> joy.

Since we got the RAID appliance mounted, we'd started with a project
directory on it, and that exported just fine. So what seems to work was to
put the new directory under that, and then export *that*.  That is,
/path/to/ourproj, which mounts under /ourproj, and we wanted to mount
something else under /otherproj, (note that ourproj is the large xfs
filesystem), so instead of /path/to/otherproj, I just exported
/path/to/ourproj/otherproj, and mounted that on the other system as
/otherproj.

Does that make sense? Clear as mud? Anyway, it looks like we have our
workaround.

       mark "wish nfs could handle an option of inode64"