[CentOS] Centos 7.0 and mismatched swap file

Sun Feb 15 15:49:20 UTC 2015
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

Everyone,

I am putting together a new mail server for our firm using a SuperMicro
with Centos 7.0.  When performed the install of the os, I put 16 gigs of
memory in the wrong slots on the mother board which caused the
SuperMicro to recognize 8 gigs instead of 16 gigs.  When I installed
Centos 7.0, this error made the swap file 8070 megs instead of what I
would have expected to be a over 16000 megs.

I am using the default xfs file system on the other partitions.  Is
there a way to expand the swap file?  If not, then is this problem
sufficiently bad enough for me to start over with a new install.  I do
not want to start over unless I need to.

Thanks for you help !!!

Greg Ennis