[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Fri Feb 6 22:36:55 UTC 2015
Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net>

On Tue, 03 Feb 2015 20:44:33 +0000, Always Learning wrote:
	[....]
> There should be a basic defence that when the password is wrong 'n'
> occasions the IP address is blocked automatically and permanently unless
> it is specifically allowed in IP Tables. If specifically allowed in IP
> Tables, there should be a predetermined wait time before another attempt
> can be made.
>
> Simple !  So why does Fedora prefer allowing the hackers unlimited
> opportunities to brute-force passwords ?

	Both denyhosts and fail2ban can be installed from yum or dnf; is
the same then not true for CentOS?? It worked on my wife's machine. (I'm
presently fighting a strike by the box on which I normally run CentOS on
my desk in order to be familiar with her OS.) Maybe I have some repo set
for it that you don't??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.