[CentOS] Kickstart with multiple eth devices

Wed Feb 25 23:37:30 UTC 2015
Jason Warr <jason at warr.net>

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:30:30 -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2015 4:19 PM, "Jason Warr" <jason at warr.net> wrote:
>
>> It will if you try to configure the now non-existent interface.
>
> That's what I figured, so I can remove it from the kickstart file, no
> problem. The question then becomes, if kickstart doesn't configure it,
> what happens >when the system reboots after install? It won't know what
> to do with that interface, correct?
>
> Is this a case where I will need to put an ifcfg-eth2 file in place
> during post-install?
Upon reboot the system *should* generate a base one for you as it will see
it as a new interface.  Not a big deal if it does not though, just create
one yourself.  You will want to add it to the udev rules file though.  You
can re-run the script I sent to do that if you want.   At that point it
should be eth2.  Or you can edit the existing one by copying a line and
changing the MAC and eth* to whatever you need.