[CentOS] Kickstart with multiple eth devices

Thu Feb 26 19:42:57 UTC 2015
Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com>

And after picking this back up this morning .... still no dice. I have now
blacklisted the one module that would enumerate the add-in ethernet port so
that is no longer an issue during the kickstart process, however the
following is now happening:

- kickstart completes successfully using the machine's physical port 2 (or
eth1) which is on a subnet with DHCP
- when the system reboots, it brings up port 1 (eth0) with the correct
static IP information, HOWEVER ...
- port 2 (eth1) is NOT configured properly. When I look at it's ifcfg-eth1
file, its bootproto is set to none when it should be set to dhcp.
- the add-in card has not been enumerated, in fact the system doesn't even
know it's there (dmesg has no mention of it and no module loaded)

So for port 2 (eth1), the kickstart file has it configured as a dhcp
interface, so why when the system reboots it comes up with bootproto=none?
On the other hand, port 1 (eth0) does come up with the static information
as it should - that info is also set in the kickstart file.

Baffled ...