[CentOS] Kickstarting several *different* setups

Tom Grace lists-in at deathbycomputers.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 16:41:46 UTC 2015

On 20/01/2015 16:29, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> So my question is, is there some way do determine via kickstart, what to
> install on that machine based on some criteria, possibly the IP that's
> being assigned to it, or MAC address, or something ...
If you just want to use kickstart, it would be pretty simple to serve
these via HTTP, and have a simple script in PHP or similar that takes
the requesting IP and uses it to choose which version of the kickstart
to serve.

I would suggest that the "right way" would be to kickstart all your
machines the same way, and then use a configuration management tool
(like Puppet or Chef) to customize them. This approach is likely to be
more work, but also more maintainable in the long run.