[CentOS] Intel Displayport on Centos 7

Lamar Owen

lowen at pari.edu
Sat Jan 31 18:52:51 UTC 2015

On 01/31/2015 01:22 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:21:07 -0500
> Lamar Owen wrote:
>
>> I like the full-size DisplayPort connector the best of any video
>> connector I've dealt with,
> Thanks!
You're quite welcome.

> If this monitor actually does die, I'm thinking that I'll replace it with a 2560x1440 monitor, but the built-in Intel video controller on my motherboard apparently supports that resolution only on the Displayport connector; the DVI port maxes out at 1920x1200.
That seems to be common; in the case of the FirePro 7820M in my M6500,
triple monitor support is only available when using the two displayports
on the dock; it doesn't work correctly if using the two DVI-D ports or
the VGA port, at least not with this particular card on CentOS 7 with
the stock ATI drivers.  I haven't tried with the fglrx driver; it seems
to be a bit of a problem child on C7 at the moment.  For that matter,
the nVidia proprietary driver is a bit of a problem child if you have
any encrypted partitions like I do.

As I don't have anything with higher resolution than 1920x1200 with
which to test, I can't comment on that, sorry.