[CentOS] dovecot move doesn't work

Wed Jan 7 15:46:22 UTC 2015
Chuck Campbell <campbell at accelinc.com>

On 1/7/2015 12:06 AM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am 06.01.2015 um 23:55 schrieb Chuck Campbell:
>> I'm running centos 6.6 with the default 2.0.9-xxx dovecot.
>>
>> I run sa-learn against my spam_to_learn folder, then I wan to move those emails
>> to a learned_spam folder.
>> when I do a doveadm -Dv move -u user learned_spam mailbox 'spam_to_learn' ALL
>>
>> I get this result:
> [ ... ]
>
>> this doesn't even list a move command, yet the dovecot pages show it and give
>> examples.
> The dovecot version provided by CentOS 6 simply does not have that
> feature implemented. The wiki.dovecot.org documentation reflects the
> current stable upstream status of things.
>
>> any suggestions?
> You may use the dovecot22 package provided by the ghettoforge plus
> repository, providing dovecot release 2.2.15.
>
>> thanks,
>> -chuck
> Alexander

Has anyone else installed the 2.2x version of dovecot in centos? Any issues or
gotchas? I am loathe to just hammer on our working installation, but I need to
sort out this issue as well.

The dovecot pages indicate that ATrpms has a current 2.2x version, but I don't
see it when I try to do a yum update with ATrpms turned on. I may just have to
grab the rpms from the packages directory on ATrpms. Does anyone know if the
ATrpms layout is significantly different than elrepo? What kinds of issues might
I expect with just banging their dovecot rpm into my machine?

Sigh, I may have to set up another machine as a test mule...

thanks,
-chuck