[CentOS] Documentation link on new Firefox CentOS 7 splash screen

Sun Jan 18 02:14:21 UTC 2015
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 01/15/15 22:55, Darr247 wrote:
> On 16 January 2015 @00:34 zulu, Digimer wrote:
>> So either the link should be changed or the linked page should be
>> updated.
>>

> Well, until someone rewrites the redhat docs so they don't violate
> copyright laws, and links to them on that centos.org/docs page, I'll
> continue perusing and referring to the RHEL 6 and 7 documentation.

Alright then.  May I suggest a solution that might satisfy both opinions.

On the documentation page where the links to CentOS [345] are found
place a statement to this effect:

"CentOS is functionally equivalent to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
and is based on the same code, as released by Red Hat, and rebuilt by
the CentOS community."  At this point briefly explain the moral
conundrum that prevents you from linking directly to the RHEL
documentation.  Then provide the appropriate link to the appropriate
RHEL documentation with the explanation that, "this is a link to the
documentation for RHEL upon which CentOS is based."  There you have a
disclaimer as well as an attribution.

What say yea to this proposal?

An undocumented computer program differs only slightly from a video
game.  Both are filled with mysteries, puzzles, and unanswered questions.

--
    _
   °v°