[CentOS] reboot - is there a timeout on filesystem flush?

Mon Jan 19 22:53:39 UTC 2015
Charles Polisher <cpolish at surewest.net>

On Jan 07, 2015 at 01:47:53PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:

> I see a bunch of entries like:
> ioatdma 0000:00:08.0: Channel halted, chanerr = 2
> ioatdma 0000:00:08.0: Channel halted, chanerr = 0
> in the logs and one of these:
> hrtimer: interrupt took 258633 ns
>
> Not sure what those mean.   We do have considerably more systems
> running windows than linux on this hardware and I don't think anyone
> has noticed a systemic problem there.

Was this resolved? The ioatdma messages are from ioat_dma.c, a
driver for Intel's I/OAT DMA engine typically used on high-end
server hardware to accelerate network I/O. chanerr = 2 might be
an issue with the DMA channel being in a suspended state when
the driver isn't expecting it to be. Maybe a network driver bug.