[CentOS] Orwell's 1984 from Freedesktop,org?

Fri Jan 23 03:23:17 UTC 2015
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Fri, 2015-01-23 at 16:18 +1300, Rob Kampen wrote:
> > On Thu, 2015-01-22 at 21:19 -0500, Bill Maltby (C4B) wrote:
> >
> >> I object to this sort of crap. Hidden, no reason for an *IX desktop to
> >> be forced to ignore or deal with this crap.
> >>
> >> Anybody else seeing it?
> >>
> >> In case attachments aren't allowed in the list, here's the Dropbox url
> >> for the image.
> >>
> >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2p2ki7t2rwi5ot/FreeDeskTop_Org_Orwell_1984.png?dl=0
> >>
> >> I believe this relates to an earlier thread in which someone questioned
> >> what that Freedesktop.org stuff was doing (as did I).

> If, as most linux folk do, you run your desktop as a normal user (i.e.
> NOT root) and then you try to do some system type changing,....

Surely Linux users change to Root to do system work, rather than attempt
to make Root changes in the middle of doing ordinary GUI tasks whilst
logged-in as a normal user ?

--
Regards,

Paul.