[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Sat Jan 31 10:14:29 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 01/30/2015 06:09 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 11:27:55PM +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:15:05 -0800
>> Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have to tap it twice all the time. But don't tell this to
>>> anyone! ;-)
>>
>> OP's point is that probably in RHEL8 you won't be able to do even
>> that anymore.
>
> Exactly.  There is some complaining going on on the Fedora testing list,
> not sure where else one can protest.

Well, protesting here would be meaningless .. as is protesting systemd
here.  CentOS-8 will have whatever is in the RHEL-8 source code, exactly
as it is in that source code minus branding.  Just like CentOS-2.1, 3,
4, 5, and 6.  Our goal is to rebuild the source code exactly, bugs and
all.  We want all the behaviors and the experience to be identical in
every way.

If you want to effect change before it gets in RHEL, then Fedora is the
place.  If you want to get it changed in CentOS, then buy RHEL and
providing feedback there is the way.  We are, by design, exactly as Red
Hat pushes the RHEL source code.